WinNT installation problems - help please

From: Andrew(dot)Mason(at)spektra(dot)co(dot)uk
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WinNT installation problems - help please
Date: 2000-09-29 08:32:28
Lists: pgsql-general

I need to install Postgresql on NT for a demo.
I have only ever installed it on Linux before and am a bit confused.

I think I have installed it OK, but I can't seem to be able to find, never
mind start Postmaster.

I tried to run the Postgres.exe file but it complained about the version
found being 7.0 and it requiring version 7.0 - huh?

Can anyone offer any guidance, or even point me in the direction of some
NT documentation. - The only stuff I can find relates to Unix

Thanks Andrew