Re: PostgreSQL Quality Evaluation

From: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "elein" <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Quality Evaluation
Date: 2004-08-27 12:05:35
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> elein wrote...
>
> Reasoning is interested in doing a white paper evaluation
> on PostgreSQL. I am not yet sure what sort of cooperation
> on our side this will entail or if it will get off the
> ground. But I'm planning to encourage them to do the
> evaluation and facilitate any cooperation we need to
> provide.

Now is the right time to do it, so we can fix any issues uncovered.

If we can then fix them all during beta, Reasoning can publish their results
at same time as 8.0 goes production.

If they do find issues, it will be good for them to say "we found N issues"
and good for PostgreSQL community, since an external assessment will be
good, as well as saying how efficient out beta programme is/was.

Best regards, Simon Riggs