access #s_c_h#

From: "Tamsin" <tg_mail(at)bryncadfan(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "postgres odbc" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: access #s_c_h#
Date: 2001-04-06 15:38:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,
using access as a frontend to postgres, mainly using linked tables, and i'm
trying to optimise the perfomance. Just wondered if anyone had any
experience with the following:

ksqo - i know access uses keyset queries, so the key set query optimiser
needs to be on, but access sets this everytime it accesses the database -
can I set this in the postgres configuration so that access doesn't have to
set it each time? (it does the same thing for datestyle too) is it worth
worrying about this at all?

memo fields - I have some text fields in postgres, which access treats as
memo fields, so when it runs query, it replaces the memo field with #S_C_H#,
and then does a separate query to get the value of the field. however, in
my access form I have a datasheet with memo fields in it, so access ends up
running an extra query for the memo field in each row, which is really slow.
Is there any way to stop access from doing this so it just retrieves the
text fields with the rest of the data?

thanks,
Tamsin