HELP with postmaster on NT: command not found in cygwin

From: "Jens Skakkebaek" <jskakkebaek(at)adomo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: HELP with postmaster on NT: command not found in cygwin
Date: 2000-02-04 20:58:01
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-ports

Hi,

I have successfully compiled postgresql 6.5.3 on my NT machine. I can start
ipc-daemon.exe and "postmaster -i" when logged in as the "postgres" user.
However, if I log in as another user, I get a "command not found" when
trying to run "postmaster -i". Perhaps it's because it's a symbolic link?

I tried to change the IDs in /etc/passwd to swap the identities of the
postgres user and my normal account, but that didn't change anything.

What can I do? Is there a way of starting postgres.exe directly with the
right parameters?

Thanks very much in advance,

Jens
jskakkebaek(at)adomo(dot)com