RE: [INTERFACES] Access 2000

From: "Hiroki Kataoka" <kataoka(at)interwiz(dot)koganei(dot)tokyo(dot)jp>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [INTERFACES] Access 2000
Date: 1999-08-25 18:00:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I have a solution of this Access2000 problem. This was reported by J.Baba,
he is member of japanese PostgreSQL ML.

Byron Nikolaidis wrote:

> Moray McConnachie wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:16:38 -0400 Byron Nikolaidis
> > <byronn(at)solipsys(dot)com> wrote:

> lets them

> > > Do you see any error messages, either on screen or in any of
> the logfiles?
> >
> > Michael's problem is basically the same as I posted a few
> > weeks back, and others have contacted me about it since. It
> > appears to leave no error messages, but frankly I've given
> > up and have no longer been looking.
> >
> > Some have said that all 3rd party ODBC drivers have had to
> > be rewritten to co-operate with Access 2000's
> > implementatation of ODBC, which is hardly brilliant!
> >
> > I put in a bug report to Microsoft, but so far no response.
> >
> > ----------------------
> > Moray(dot)McConnachie(at)computing-services(dot)oxford(dot)ac(dot)uk
>
> It figures. Unfortunately, I really don't have the money to go
> out and buy
> Access 2000, just to try and figure out what's different.

(snip)

If SQL_ORDER_BY_COLUMNS_IN_SELECT is "Y" in SQLGetInfo, then Access2000 fail
to link ODBC tables. For verification, I modified PsqlODBC source, compiled
it, and tried to use with Access2000. This try has been done successfully.

% diff info.c.orig info.c
421c421
---
> p = (PROTOCOL_62(ci) || PROTOCOL_63(ci)) ? "Y" : "N";

This solution was got by comparison of SQL.LOG between some ODBC
drivers(ORACLE, Informix, MSSQL and PsqlODBC). There is no other grounds. I
don't know why this is good.

=====
Hiroki Kataoka