PGSQL and Image Magick

From: "Scott Muir" <wsmuir(at)islandnet(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PGSQL and Image Magick
Date: 2000-11-15 00:42:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi people.. I'm learning pgsql while working on a project...

I'm attempting to interface pgsql to ImageMagick and am needing some
guidance..

ImageMagick has libraries which can be accessed with PERL, C,
C++, Python, Java (this is my order of preference) or can be
accessed at the shell level.

I've been looking around in some of the archives... As near as I
can tell, PL/Perl doesn't want to permit access to PerlMagick
(the perl interface) because the author of Pl/Perl feels it is insecure.

Anyways, I'm finding the dox I have rather vague as to how to accomplish
this... My hope is to make a PL function which will update an image with
data.

I want to create a PL function in my database which will process
records in a table and make calls to the IM api to modify the image
accordingly...

Can someone suggest some methods of accomplishing this?

I'm using 7.0.2 on FreeBSD 4.1

Thank-you,
Scott.