Batch Definitions - Need Help

From: "Michael Avila" <mavila(at)mich(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Batch Definitions - Need Help
Date: 2005-06-13 23:00:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

I've searched the manual that came with PostgreSQL 8.0.1 (I have the one
page html version and I used the browser find on page) and could not find
anything on how to create tables and insert data into a database. This is my
first time using PostgreSQL (I have used MySQL quite a bit) so I am not sure
where else to look or what else to do. Surely this must be possible so I
figure I am missing something somewhere.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Point me to someplace in the manual and I
will read it. Or provide examples. Either way, the help is greatly
appreciated.

Mike