Basic phpPgAdmin Questions

From: "Daniel Secomb" <dan(at)ds-d(dot)com>
To: <phppgadmin-users(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Basic phpPgAdmin Questions
Date: 2004-08-02 13:43:54
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I'm new to phpPgAdmin and I have some very simple questions. (If there is a
tutorial where all these questions are already answered, then I would really
appreciate if somebody could send me the link to that tutorial.)

1. I am running PostgreSQL (7.4.3.1) on Cygwin (1.5.10-3) on my machine
which is running Windows 98 SE. Do I install phpPgAdmin in Cygwin (Linux
emulation program) or in Windows? If I have to install it in Cygwin, then
which directory folder do I place all the installation files? Is it 'bin',
'etc', 'home', 'lib', 'tmp', 'usr' or 'var' or do I create my own directory
to place the files?

2. For phpPgAdmin to work with PostgreSQL (7.4.3.1) on Cygwin (1.5.10-3),
does it require PHP installed in Cygwin as well? And if so, which directory
folder do the PHP installation files go in?

3. For phpPgAdmin to work properly, the 'php.ini' usually goes in the OS
directory (i.e. Windows). Which directory does the 'php.ini' file go in
Cygwin???

As I said before, I'm a newbie to phpPgAdmin and PostgreSQL and some
questions I'm asking may not make any sense or may be irrelevant.

Any help will be warmly welcomed!!!!

Kind Regards,

Daniel Secomb
Creative Director
DS Design
ABN 33 721 455 978
PO Box 4540,
Lake Haven NSW 2263
Australia
[p] +61 2 4393 6305
[f] +61 2 4393 6306
[m] +61414 571 500
mailto:dan(at)ds-d(dot)com
http://www.ds-d.com/

Take a look at our latest web development project:
http://www.specialfx.com.au/

From the US, UK or Europe? Why not take advantage of the weaker Australian
dollar? Click the following link http://www.xe.com/ucc/ for a currency
conversion and find out how much you'll save!!

The material contained in this email may be confidential, and may also be
the subject of copyright and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this document is
prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please advise the
sender and delete the document.

This email communication does not create or vary any contractual
relationship between DS Design and you. Internet communications are not
secure and accordingly DS Design does not accept any legal liability for the
contents of this message.

Please note that neither DS Design nor the sender accepts any responsibility
for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and any
attachments.