Run postmaster as a NT service with invoker 1.53

From: "ric Prvost-Dansereau" <eric(at)esc(dot)rosemere(dot)qc(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Run postmaster as a NT service with invoker 1.53
Date: 2000-12-02 19:58:06
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi,

I'm trying to run Postgresql 7.0.2 on a NT 4 server. I can start postmaster
and ipc-deamon with no problem from commandline or bash.

Now, I want to run these software as services with invoker 1.53. ipc-deamon
work well, but I have problems with postmaster.

First, I modify the system PATH and add PGLIB and PGDATA in system
environnement. Using my postgresql user, i can start postmaster from cmd
without any problems. But when i start it as a service, i get the following
error:

Error 203: The system could not find the environment option that was
entered.

My registry for pgsql service is like that:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\pgsql]
"Type"=dword:00000010
"Start"=dword:00000003
"ErrorControl"=dword:00000001
"ImagePath"="c:\\winnt\\system32\\invoker.exe"
"DisplayName"="pgsql"
"ObjectName"="postgresql"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\pgsql\Parameters]
"Application"="d:\\cygwin\\usr\\ocal\\pgsql\\bin\\postmaster"
"AppParameters"="-i"

Have an idea?

Thank you.

Eric Prevost