Frustrating

From: "James Kelty" <jamesk(at)ashlandagency(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Frustrating
Date: 2002-08-06 16:52:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

Ok, this is really annoying.

I am trying to set up dbmirror from the latest CVS source. I go through the
motions of setting up MirrorSetup.sql, and see the tables, and the sequence
in the db with a \d. When I try to run the \d MirrorHost, I get this error:

Did not find any relation named "mirrorhost".

Great, what now? It's there, the \d show it, but I can't insert anything. So
far, I am NOT impressed with the replication that comes with postgres.
eRserver, and rserv don't seem to be able to handle boolean types, and the
setup is UGLY. I had HIGH hopes for dbMirror, but, they were, apparently
QUICKLY dashed on the rocky shore of PostgreSQL replication. And please,
don't say use Usogres, or pgReplicator. They are even worse.

Can someone help me please? I LOVE the PostgreSQL database, but the
replication thing is REALLY making me angry. I have had MySQL replicate, but
I don't wanna use that DB for reasons I don't even want to get into now.

Thanks! Sorry for the grouching.

-James