SSL error: decryption failed or bad record mac

From: "Claudio Rossi" <wind(dot)claudio(at)inwind(dot)it>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SSL error: decryption failed or bad record mac
Date: 2006-11-27 18:06:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello, I just installed postgresql 8.1.5 and the only things I ported from 8.0.3 (last version I used) are server, user and CA X509 certificates (fresh install for everything else). I'm using OpenSSL 0.9.8d, Fedora Core 4, I have enabled SSL as described in manual (at every step where it's needed) and I had no problems with previous 8.0.3. This is the problem: when I set up a SSL connection I get this log output:

DEBUG: SSL connection from "common_name"
DEBUG: SSL: write alert (0x0214)
LOG: SSL error: decryption failed or bad record mac

and backend returns a signal 15, terminating connection. Any idea? Does anybody know what kind of error is "decryption failed or bad record mac" (I mean, client certificate error? server certificate error?)? Thanks.

Regards,
Claudio Rossi

Mutui a tassi scontati da 40 banche. Richiedi online e risparmia...Servizio gratuito. www.mutuionline.it
http://click.libero.it/mutuionline27nov