RE: perl problems

From: "Chuck Kimber" <chuckk(at)ext(dot)usu(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: perl problems
Date: 2001-03-15 16:28:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

I don't know what happened, but as I understand it Pg.pm hasn't been
maintained for some time now... since DBI came out. I would recommend using
DBI with DBD::Pg to query your postgres databases. It also makes it easy if
ever have to migrate to a new DB server, God Forbid. You just download the
new DBD driver and change your connection setup and BAM! All your queries
and accompanied code still run without modification.

-Chuck