pgaccess - development effort required

From: "Iavor Raytchev" <iavor(dot)raytchev(at)verysmall(dot)org>
To: "pgsql-interfaces" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgaccess - users" <users(at)pgaccess(dot)org>
Subject: pgaccess - development effort required
Date: 2002-07-14 18:28:22
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello everybody,

As many of you know, for about four months right now a new development
effort has been started on pgaccess.

The process finally got a structure and now we start seeing what we can do,
and what we see is that several more people would be very welcome if they
express interest in joining the project team. There are several open core
areas that are not covered and several ideas about add-ons, that can be
taken by somebody.

I've been thinking on this for a while and I got to the conclusion that this
might be very suitable time for people who are may be a bit shy to enter
into open source development or just start programming a bit more and are
very interested in getting deeper. The project is still in an initial phase
and this will give you a very relaxed environment to join.

pgaccess is a nice tool, there are several very good developers working on
it, its in the beginning of its new life, so if you feel like giving it a
try, this might be a good jump in the world of the databases.

Working on pgaccess you will have the unique chance to work in a very close
proximity to the authors of one of the best databases in the world and learn
a lot - about the databases, about the tools for their administration and
about practical applications that can be built with them.

If you would like to join or give it a try - please, do not hesitate to
contact us. The requirements are not high and if you do not manage or see
later that you are not interested - it will be absolutely no problem at all.

I just feel more like giving chance to new people, and I am ready to spent
some time helping them to take off.

If you feel like giving it a try - do not hesitate to drop a line to any of
the lists or to some of us.

Best wishes,

Iavor

--