Re: problem to developing the lock

From: frank_lupo <frank_lupo(at)email(dot)it>
To: dpage <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: dpage <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: problem to developing the lock
Date: 2003-02-28 10:53:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

> It's rumoured that frank_lupo once said:
>
> > I set autocommit =off.
> > When drop view and i do not send commit or rollback,is not possible to
> > select from other user on pg_view. The Pgadmin2 when read schema is
> > locked,and is not possible to make whichever other operation. This is
> > my problem.
> It is not possible to use pgadmin2 if the view are
> > locked.
>
> Oh, I see. How about wrapping everything in a transaction in
> pgDatabase.Execute in pgSchema? We should probably then provide a
> secondary connection for use with SQL queries in pgAdmin. Probably not a
> bad idea anyway.
> What do you think?
>
> Regards, Dave.

The problem is the function pg_get_viewdef. If the view is drop and transiction is safe (no commit/rollback) the function lock query.
Is possible not use this function?
Is possible that the other functions that returns the definition
of obje

t have the same limit?

Bye !!
Frank Lupo (Wolf) !!

/\_ _/\
\ o o /
--ooo-----ooo---

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
I gioielli più nuovi, le collezioni più trendy, le trovi solo su Gioie.it!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=768&d=28-2