Re: More time zones

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Thomas Lockhart" <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
Cc: "Thomas Lockhart" <thomas(at)fourpalms(dot)org>, "PostgreSQL Hackers List" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: More time zones
Date: 2002-02-26 02:26:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> No, the Australians complained about the compile-time flag, and were
> very happy when it became a GUC parameter. I only mentioned to say that
> conflicting timezone issues are obviously a problem for some, and we did
> resolve it with GUC.

OK, I've just realised I haven't set our server to use Australian
timezones - how do you do this with GUC? Can I put something in
postgresql.conf? I don't want to issue an extra query for every connection
to set it. I had a look at the timezone section of the manual and didn't
see anything about it...?

Thanks,

Chris