Re: idea catalog column

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: 'Frank_Lupo Frank_Lupo' <frank_lupo(at)telemail(dot)it>
Cc: "'pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: idea catalog column
Date: 2002-03-11 11:49:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the code. It looks very useful, unfortunately though there are a
number of things that must be sorted out before we can include it with
pgAdmin:

1) The correct licence should be included at the top of each file.

2) Variable and control names should use Hungarian notation (e.g. IdCat as
Long should be lIDCat As Long). See
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin2.php?ContentID=8 for more info.

3) Tooltips should be included on controls.

4) clsCategories has no logging or error handling.

5) The table names used in frmCatColumns don't match those used in
clsCategories.

6) It doesn't work! When I select a column template to add to a new table
and click OK, nothing happens.

7) Please add Add/Remove buttons to move columns between listviews in
addition to the current double click.

8) We are trying to minimise the amount of objects we create in the target
database. I think the sequence can be removed by using a SELECT MAX(idcat)+1
to get the next unused category number.

9) Use frmMain.svr.Databases(ctx.CurrentDB).Tables.Exists(Table_Categories)
to test whether tables exist, and
frmMain.svr.Databases(ctx.CurrentDB).Tables.Add to create the tables. SQL in
pgAdmin itself should be avoided as much as possible.

I think this is about all. For the future, please send updates/comments to
pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org so the whole team can review them.

Thanks again for the code,

Regards, Dave.