Re: restoring from dump

From: "Tena Sakai" <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>
To: "Marcelo Martins" <pglists(at)zeroaccess(dot)org>, <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: restoring from dump
Date: 2008-08-25 20:50:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I downloaded the latest release (8.3.3), followed the
instruction on the manual to install and restored the
file I had made by pg_dumpall, thereby bypassing the
trouble with files in pg_clog directory.

I just read a bit about these files. They are made
as a result of autovacuum. Does anybody have notion
as to how long they should be kept, what recycling
policy there ought to be, etc?

Regards,

Tena Sakai
tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu