Re: 8.3.0 postinstallation trouble

From: "Tena Sakai" <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>
To: "Tena Sakai" <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.3.0 postinstallation trouble
Date: 2008-02-24 06:48:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Everybody,

I found a solution for my problem.

What I did was to edit the pg_hba.conf and replaced
'md5' for user postgres with 'trust' which lets me
execute:

/usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -d <dbname> -f saved_file

It ran fine and then I put 'md5' back in place of
'trust.' Now all seems fine. I will spend a bit more
time verifying that all tables are intact, but so far
I have a good feelings.

Many thanks.

Regards,

Tena Sakai