Re: idle in transaction...unexpected EOF on client connection

From: "Tena Sakai" <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: idle in transaction...unexpected EOF on client connection
Date: 2007-11-09 23:38:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Tom,

Good to have you jump in.

The answer to your question (what JDBC version) is:
postgresql-8.1-404.jdbc3.jar
and the postgres version is: 8.2.4

I just downloaded postgresql-8.2-506.jdbc3.jar and
will go ahead and recompile the app over the weekend
with this one.

Aside from that, can this be caused by many deleted
rows from tables (and having neglected to vacuum)?

Tena Sakai
(tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu)