Re: default port number

From: "Tena Sakai" <tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>
To: "Kevin Kempter" <kevin(at)kevinkempterllc(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: default port number
Date: 2007-09-04 18:06:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thank you, Kevin Kempter.
Thank you, Kevin Grittner,

In order for me to accept foreign odbc connection,
one of the things I must to is to change
listen_addresses = 'localhost'
to something like:
listen_addresses = 'ip-address-A, ip-address-B'

But those machines on the list are dhcp clients
and their ip addresses change from time to time.
Is there something I can do to accomodate such
moving targets?

Regards,

Tena Sakai
tsakai(at)gallo(dot)ucsf(dot)edu