Problems with pg_dump

From: "Ben Ramsey" <ben(at)eureka-interactive(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problems with pg_dump
Date: 2003-03-06 20:48:51
Lists: pgadmin-support

There are several databases I'm trying to dump, but I keep running into
problems. Could someone please tell me what these error messages mean?
(I'm using PostgreSQL 7.0.1).

I'm trying to dump a database with the following command:

pg_dump -d db1 > db1.out

And I'm getting the following error:

dumpClasses(): command failed. Explanation from backend:
'pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
This probably means the backedn terminated abnormally
before or while processing the request.'.

With a second database, running the same command, I get an entirely
different error message:

getTables(): SELECT failed. Explanation from backend:
'ERROR: aclitemout: bad ai_type: 39'.

Still, with a third database, all works well and the database structure and
INSERT statements are dumped to the file.

I need to retrieve the data from these two databases ASAP for a client. If
anyone knows the answer and can help, please do so.

Thanks,

Ben Ramsey

Technical Director
EUREKA! INTERACTIVE, INC.

* Phone: (770) 642-0390
* Fax: (770) 216-1702
* Web: www.eureka-interactive.com
* E-mail: ben(at)eureka-interactive(dot)com