Our client is the fastest growing company in the business continuity
industry, and is looking for talented DB Engineers to design, implement
and maintain its DB Systems. You will work closely with the OPs team to
ensure all aspects of the DBs from production, staging, and business
analytics DBS are performing at optimum. If you live and breathe DB and
enjoy working with a variety of them, absolutely love fine-tuning and
constant improvements and you like working to beat the clock, we want
- Postgres production and development in a 7/24/365 high availability
- Drive the maintenance dev and procedures for DR and DB Maintenance
- Look for solutions to constantly improve and achieve uptime goals.
- Design & Implement measurement systems to assess service delivery &
key performance indicators of critical apps.
- Plan and support implementations of major architectural changes.
- Capacity planning, performance improvements storage management in
concert and partnership with Ops and Dev Teams.
- Proactive and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, trouble
shooting, issue resolution.
- Cooperative resolution of probs with Network, Hardware and System OPs
BS or equivalent experience
3+ years supporting production DB systems in 7/24/365 environments
PostgreSQL config and performance tuning
Large scale enterprise DB systems experience
Hight transaction rate OLTP environment
Backups, Dumps and Table partitioning in PostgreSQL
DB replication (SLONY), clustering, table partitioning, stored
procedures, Triggers, Views and Types.
Tuning Linux with PostgeSQL
Normalization and Denormalization
Contract position located in Austin TX. 6 to 12 months.
Please send inquiries and resumes to Jobs(at)4OceanSys(dot)com
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Miroslav Nachev||Date: 2008-09-10 06:58:18|
|Subject: Re: PostgreSQL DB Administrator|
|Previous:||From: Susan Schmidt||Date: 2008-08-28 16:22:33|
|Subject: PGSQL DBA position open can you post?|