Re: Execute VACUUM FULL when DB touches a specific size ?

From: Vibhor Kumar <vibhor(dot)aim(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Nilesh Govindarajan <lists(at)itech7(dot)com>
Cc: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Execute VACUUM FULL when DB touches a specific size ?
Date: 2010-04-05 06:06:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

> That's what I was thinking to do, but how do I distinguish between the databases ? The datadir/base seems have directories whose names are numbers.

Use pg_database_size function to get the size of DB.

You can create a plpgsql function, which you can schedule using pgagent

Or

If you are writing Bash script capture the return value of pg_database_size function, in some variable and perform vacuum.

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar (PCP & OCP)
ITIL V3 Cerftified.