Specifying Max LongVarChar in odbcinst.ini doesn't work

From: Janet Borschowa <borschow(at)roguewave(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Specifying Max LongVarChar in odbcinst.ini doesn't work
Date: 2002-07-25 00:31:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,
I am using the PostgreSQL odbc driver from the 7.2.1 release. I am able to
connect to the database fine. But, I am trying to set the limit for
longVarChar to something greater than 8190. This setting seems to be
ignored. What line should I put in $POSTGRES/etc/odbcinst.ini to increase
the size of a longvarchar column? I am using the driver without a driver
manager.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-- Janet