ERROR: function crosstab(unknown, unknown) does not exist

From: Stefan Schwarzer <stefan(dot)schwarzer(at)unep(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ERROR: function crosstab(unknown, unknown) does not exist
Date: 2012-07-03 13:48:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there,

I am using 9.1.3. I inserted the tablefunc extension, into a SCHEMA called tablefunc, in order to separate it from my tables. I had to create it as postgres user, but changed than the Owner of both schema and functions to my user XXX.

Now, when I launch a query which includes "crosstab()" as a postgres user, everything works fine. However, if I launch it as user XXX, it complaints:

ERROR: function crosstab(unknown, unknown) does not exist
LINE 1: ...ROM countries_view AS c LEFT JOIN ( SELECT * FROM crosstab( ... ^
HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.

ERROR: function crosstab(unknown, unknown) does not exist
SQL state: 42883
Hint: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.
Character: 84

I looked for the other tables which are included in the query, if they belong to postgres, but they belong all to user XXX.

So, what could that be?

Thanks for any hints!