Use of column names as FK.

From: Anil Jangam <anilj(at)indts(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Use of column names as FK.
Date: 2001-12-20 05:02:50
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I a system table of pgSQL "pg_attribute", where the table and their
attributes (rather column names) are stored. Can we use the column (attname,
a column in the pg_attribute table: this contains the column names of all
the tables in the database) name as a FK?? But I am not sure if this is
valid, and allowed in the actual database design. For time being I shall
assume that we can go ahead with use of this system table.

regds,
-anil.