Socket connection error...

From: Anil Jangam <anilj(at)indts(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Socket connection error...
Date: 2001-12-19 12:17:36
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

Here is one problem.

I accidently killed the cygwin bash shell while postmaaster was running.
Now, when I am restarting it, its giving the following error....

Administrator(at)ANILJ /usr/local/pgsql/data
$ psql -U uss enterprise
psql: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: Connection refused
Is the postmaster running locally
and accepting connections on Unix socket
'/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432'?

Administrator(at)ANILJ /usr/local/pgsql/data
$

Before starting the postmaster, I removed the old .pid file from the
"/usr/local/pgsql/data" location. Still the socket error persists. What is
the reason. Is there something missing???

-anil.