I work for a $ 200 mn Software Solutions and staffing company in NJ. One
of our direct client has the following requirement for US Citizens, GC
and EAD holders as follow, if u think u r a good fit, pl call me at 848
THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE REQUIREMENT !!!
Pls note selection process:
1) Telephonic interview
2) Compulsory In person interview in NY City (hence preferably look at
v No of Positions : 1
v Type (C2H/Full Time): C2H or Fulltime
Position Title- Senior Database Administrator (DBA)
v Location- NY city( 5 mins walk from Penn station)
v Rate / Constraints if any -
a)If selected for C2H : 3 months contract ( 45$/hr)
around 90- 100K (Based on experience)
v Tentative Start Date - Immediate
v Job Description
Senior Database Administrator (DBA)
Client is seeking a senior DBA to work as a member of the Operations
team and serve as the primary authority for the schema
development/maintenance, operation, monitoring, performance,
availability, tuning, backup, and recovery of its application's MS SQL
Server 2005 and PostGreSQL DBMS and associated systems -- in its
development, staging, and production environments. This position
reports to the VP of Operations and Corporate IT.
* Work with the development team in the design, maintenance, and
documentation of database schemas including evaluation of: data design,
(de)normalization, referential integrity, query design, indexing
strategies, and deployment.
* Work with Quality Assurance Team to provide support for test
approaches for database related changes as needed.
* Coordinate with other Operations team members to establish
requirements for capacity planning, deployment, and operational needs.
* Establishing policies and procedures pertaining to the
management, security, maintenance, and use of the DBMS consistent with
corporate policies and industry best practices.
* Implement effective use of database replication, load balancing,
and other configuration items to support capacity plan and performance
goals in line with client SLAs.
* Construct/execute ad-hoc queries to assist in the maintenance
and troubleshooting of operational issues, or as needed to support
development of applications, reporting, and analytics.
* Design and implement strategies for database load and stress
* Serve as technical representative for data related issues as
needed in client interchanges.
* Stay abreast of emerging technologies and new database
* Maintain run-books and run-logs for database systems.
* Available on-call during off-hours to resolve database issues as
needed to support 24/7 operations including communication with host
providers to resolve configuration and operational issues.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related degree, or
equivalent experience plus 8-10+ years with database design,
development, and/or architecture.
* 3-5 years experience as DBA on MS SQL Server in high performance
enterprise OLTP/OLAP application environments.
* Strong experience with isolation levels, locks, SQL Server
performance tuning, and optimization.
* Detailed knowledge of Transact-SQL (T-SQL) and Stored
* Experience with database replication configuration and
* Experience with capacity planning - including effective
measurement and usage of bandwidth, disk space, memory and cache
* Experience with managing hardware configurations and
considerations for SQL Server environments.
* Knowledge of using various tools to identify and monitor
database performance metrics.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent
organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Able to work effectively across a diverse team.
* Strong problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
* Detailed knowledge of PostGreSQL.
* Experience with Memcached or other caching systems.
* Understanding of software development life-cycle, and
specifically consumer-facing web development.
* NHibernate and/or Hibernate.
* .NET and/or JDBC Database programming.
* Experience with Windows/ASP.NET/C# based database programming.
* Experience with Java/Linux based database programming.
Voice: 732-287-7800 ext 1428
Mob: - 848 248 2136
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Stephen Fraga||Date: 2009-06-24 22:46:40|
|Subject: PostgreSQL trainer, preferably in the Bay Area|
|Previous:||From: Marta Daglow||Date: 2009-06-17 00:36:07|
|Subject: Web Developer (Engineers)|