[job] UCSF Database conversion

From: "Dispensa, Brad" <DispensaB(at)anesthesia(dot)ucsf(dot)edu>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [job] UCSF Database conversion
Date: 2011-03-17 19:45:50
Lists: sfpug

Hello fellow SFPUG folks,

We have an opening that we were recruiting a graduate student for but
I thought I would post it here as well. We are looking for help
converting a Microsoft Access database over to our postgres server.

Programmer Analyst III-Paid Intern (UCSF)

This is a onetime temporary position for a graduate student for
approximately 6 months which will be paid as a Programmer Analyst III

Position Summary:
The candidate will be responsible for converting a large clinical
database stored in Microsoft Access into a Postgre SQL database. This
will require the conversion of both the data tables and also the stored
queries. This will also require not only converting the query, but also
running analysis on each query to ensure that the data returned matches
the output on each query.

An ideal candidate will be intimately familiar with SQL and relational
databases, understanding concepts like stored procedures, triggers and
function calls. The candidate will initially work closely with team
members, but will ultimately be allowed to work independently.

Because of the sensitive nature of the information the candidate will be
working with, the candidate must be able pass a background check and
must provide personal and professional / academic references. Because of
the nature of the information being worked with, no telecommuting will
be allowed.

Required Qualifications:
Expert level understanding of SQL and relational databases,
understanding of Linux fundamentals and familiarity with command line
operation. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication
skills as documentation is a critical part of this position.

Preferred Qualifications:
PostgreSQL experience, statistical experience, programming languages
(python, perl, C etc).

Applicants interested should forward their resume and cover letter to
ccr(at)anesthesia(dot)ucsf(dot)edu with the subject "Grad: PSQL"

Brad Dispensa

University of California San Francisco

Center for Cerebrovascular Research

Institute for Human Genetics