ODBC Connection Problem

From: "rajeev kaimal" <rajkaimal(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC Connection Problem
Date: 2002-06-27 09:34:37
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I have a ODBC Connection problem when i connect to postgreSQL 7.1.3 running
on redhat linux 7.1.The odbc driver used is 7.02.0002. It supports
multibyte.
When i try to connect from the msaccess GUI i get this problem. This
problem doesnt happen always. It happens only at times. The odbc log shows
that it is remote socket connection error.

The odbc log file is attached. I am testing this in 2 enviroments. At one
place the client are DHCP clients and so the IP is not static. The problem
occurs intermittently here but in another environment there are clients with
static IP.
Here there are only 2 machines connected to the server and as reason less
network traffic. The problem doesnt occur here. Can u please help me in
solving this problem. Any suggestions.....

I went through the archives of postgreSQL and found many matches for ODBC
Error.
But in all those cases the ODBC Error happens at all times but unfortunately
in this case it happens only some times and work fine otherwise.

Attachment Content-Type Size
psqlodbc_4291109185.log application/octet-stream 1.3 KB