Bug - Rows in Query Output pane fail to grow in height when font size preference size is larger

From: Basil Bourque <basil(dot)bourque(dot)lists(at)pobox(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug - Rows in Query Output pane fail to grow in height when font size preference size is larger
Date: 2011-02-16 23:39:43
Lists: pgadmin-support

I'm new to Postgres and pgAdmin -- Where should I report a bug in pgAdmin?

I found an annoying cosmetic bug in pgAdmin where the rows in the data grid showing the result of a SQL execution are not re-sized to accommodate a very large font size set in preferences.

1) Set Preferences > Query Tool (tab) > Font to a larger size, such as 24 points. Click OK to apply.

2) Quit pgAdmin, to be sure new preferences take effect. Restart pgAdmin.

3) Select Tools > Query Tool, to open an interactive SQL session window.

4) Execute some SQL, such as: select now();

Notice the bug: Row 1 in the Output pane is not tall enough to show the large font size of the text. The text is clipped vertically.

While cosmetic, this bug affects:
- People doing presentations on overhead projectors where increasing the font size makes reading easier for the audience.
- People with a preference for larger fonts, often needed on certain computers screens.
- People with visual/sight challenges

pgAdmin3 1.12.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.5, installed by Postgres 9.0.x.

And thanks to all who work on pgAdmin. It has been very useful to me, and I've found it to be very stable and well-built.

--Basil Bourque