RE: Truncation Problems

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Jeremy D Carlson" <jeremy(at)gustavus(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Truncation Problems
Date: 2001-06-23 02:53:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

The message seems to come from ODBC driver. It has the query length
limit 65536. The new driver which would be released in a week or so has
no query length limit.
As for truncation, there could be some causes.
1) PostgreSQL silently truncates the text.
2) Psqlodbc driver increases the text size by converting '\n' -> CR/LF
and the buffer overflows. Unfortunately SQL(Extended)Fetch returns
an SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO not an SQL_ERROR in suc cases.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue