RE: [HACKERS] Re: v7.1b4 bad performance

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Hannu Krosing" <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
Cc: "Tatsuo Ishii" <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] Re: v7.1b4 bad performance
Date: 2001-02-23 21:38:27
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

I agree with you at this point. Generally speaking the benchmark
has little meaning if it has no conflicts in the test case. I only
borrowed pgbench's source code to implement my test cases.
Note that there's only one database in my last test case. My
modified "pgbench" isn't a pgbench any more and I didn't intend
to change pgbench's spec like that. Probably it was my mistake
that I had posted my test cases using the form of patch. My
intension was to clarify the difference of my test cases.
However heavy conflicts with scaling factor 1 doesn't seem
preferable at least as the default of pgbench.

Regards,
Hiroshi Inoue