RE: Fw: Postgres on WinNT4 / SP5

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "kevin mclaughlin" <kevinmcl(at)cwjamaica(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Fw: Postgres on WinNT4 / SP5
Date: 2001-04-12 23:52:29
Lists: pgsql-cygwin pgsql-ports

-----Original Message-----
From: kevin mclaughlin

Hi all,

I got postgresql 7.1RC2 to compile on NT by following Kevin Lo's
instructions to the letter (second try). I got it running and everything,
but I am unable to connect to the database from other PCs using ODBC (Yes, I
modified pg_hba.conf with a line like this :

host all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 trust

I first ran ./configure --with-odbc --with-perl, but when I ran make, only
a subset of the executables were produced. This is why I tried the
./configure command alone.

Can anyone say whether I should be able to use odbc even if
the --with-odbc directive is not specified with the configure script? I'd
appreciate it if you replied to me at kevinm(at)mail(dot)infochan(dot)com as well as
the list.

The ODBC driver made in cygwin is unavailable under native Windows
environment.
Get the binary from ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/odbc/versions/.
You could also build it using win32.mak but psqlodbc.def may be corrupted
by the cygwin build process.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue