Re: No source files from which to build Postgis extension

From: "Norman Vine" <nhv(at)cape(dot)com>
To: "Jason Tishler" <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Subject: Re: No source files from which to build Postgis extension
Date: 2003-04-08 20:33:26
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Jason Tishler writes:

> Norman,
>
> On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 10:02:51AM -0400, Norman Vine wrote:
> > for a link to the binary package and the changes I had to make see
> >
> http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2003-March/
> 002260.html

Jason

Thank you for looking at this :-)
< FYI: Jason is the 'official' Cygwin PostgreSQL maintatiner >

> Please submit a patch to <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org> to add the
> missing DLLIMPORT for cpu_index_tuple_cost to
> src/include/optimizer/cost.h.

OK, Will do

> BTW, under 7.3.2-1, I get the following link errors:
<snip>
> 1: undefined reference to `_pg_detoast_datum'
<snip>
> The above error is due to the dllwrap command missing the following
> arguments:
>
> -L ../../src/backend -lpostgres

Yes , I usually hardwire this into the Makefile

> I used the attached patch to the PostGIS Makefile to workaround this
> "problem." Is this cockpit error on my part? Or, is the patch really
> necessary?

AH... Your makefile patch is the correct solution :-)

TO PostGIS maintainers
Please apply this patch to the PostGIS makefile

Thanks

Norman

Attachment Content-Type Size
Makefile-postgis.diff application/octet-stream 419 bytes