pg_dump and timestamps

From: "Marc Zandvliet" <marc(at)auroraworks(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_dump and timestamps
Date: 2001-10-06 00:03:22
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I'm in the middle of an upgrade process to a 7.1.3 server but I have slight
prob.

In my records there is a creation_date field (timestamp datatype with
current_timestamp as default).
When I dump the data from the old install (pg_dump -a) and import it into
the new install
all of the creation_dates are set to ... current_timestamp.

Is there an obvious/easy way to bring over the old timestamps?

thanks for any suggestions,

Marc