Meaning of ERROR: tuple concurrently updated

From: KÖPFERL Robert <robert(dot)koepferl(at)sonorys(dot)at>
Cc: Sql-Postgre <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Meaning of ERROR: tuple concurrently updated
Date: 2005-05-18 15:50:18
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
I have got some kind of FIFO-queue table.
New records are inserted and the oldest are DELETEd.

Thus I run VACUUM ANALYZE; every night by cron. However I keep getting
ERROR: tuple concurrently updated
My research lead me to the point that this is VACUUM tothether with the
INSERTs being issued to that table all the time.
But I didn't find a solution to avoid this. AFAIK now the table never gets
VACUUMed at all?

Please, what's really about that, how can it be avoided?

Thanks in advance