RE: [DOC] Looking for foreign key and triggers doc

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Jean-Francois Leveque" <leveque(at)webmails(dot)com>, <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [DOC] Looking for foreign key and triggers doc
Date: 2001-06-07 02:08:41
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi Jean-Francois,

When you create a foreign key, three triggers are created. One to check
inserts/updates in the child table and one to check deletes on the parent
table.

Read this:
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/techdocs/hackingreferentialintegrity.php

To learn more about the behind-the-scenes RI in PostgreSQL.

Chris