Re: Pg.pm documentation

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Lee Chua" <lee(at)bensecurity(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pg.pm documentation
Date: 2001-08-31 01:18:38
Lists: pgsql-docs

I notice that the way Pg.pm works seems to have changed since the
fulltextindex contrib was written. The FTI contrib uses this kind of
syntax:

$conn = PGConnect(blah)

Whereas the latest version of Pg.pm I installed from the port on my FreeBSD
box only works like this:

$conn = PG::Connect(blah)

ie. It's OO now, not 'C-style'. Am I missing something, or has it
permanently changed? If it's permanently changed I'm happy to submit the
version of fti.pl that we use at work that we converted to use the OO style
calls.

Chris