Unable to install postgres on Mips platform.

From: "Niranjan Shivaratri" <niranjan(dot)shivaratri(at)intransa(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Niranjan Shivaratri" <niranjan(dot)shivaratri(at)intransa(dot)com>, "Nitin Patil" <nitin(dot)patil(at)intransa(dot)com>
Subject: Unable to install postgres on Mips platform.
Date: 2002-07-12 17:47:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello:

I am trying to install postgres 7.1 version on a Mips platform running Linux (2.4.17sb20020611 version).
The postgres source is compiled with Montevista cross compiler (gcc version 3.0.1) for the mips platform.

The problem I am having is that when I call initdb, the postgres dies because of the following error:

This problem occurs in file postgresql-7.1.3/src/backend/access/heap/heapam.c (line 1808)
where it is trying to invoke log_heap_update function.

When I try to step into the function log_heap_update function, the program control goes into
memcpy and I get SIGSEGV fault.

Any help in resolving this problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Niranjan.