Sliding windows on LIBPQ

From: "Abraham, Danny" <danny_abraham(at)bmc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Sliding windows on LIBPQ
Date: 2007-11-28 14:43:00
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Is there a way to break the PGresult array to chuncks Like Oracle?
I mean, without changing the text of given queries, can we somehow
limit the memory consumption of a client that is using LIBPQ?

The API is ...

extern PGresult *PQexec(PGconn *conn, const char *query);

Is there any "SLiding Window" layer that breaks the PGresult into
chuncks?

Big queries take a lot more memory on the client side compared to other
DB clients.

Thanks

Danny

Danny Abraham