Re: Executing sql script

From: "Joe Erickson" <jerickson(at)datavantagecorp(dot)com>
To: "Loftis, Charles E" <charles(dot)loftis(at)eds(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Executing sql script
Date: 2004-06-03 19:45:03
Lists: pgsql-novice

Just put it on the command line after psql:

psql example.sql

psql will take the file and run each line to the server.

If the server is not on your computer, you will need to specify the hostname to the computer and a username to log into the server with:

psql -h server.postgres.com -U dba example.sql

To send multiple files, just list them all:

psql example1.sql example2.sql example3.sql

or

psql example*

Run psql --help for more options.