Re: Dedect unknown database in 08.01.0100 and Postgres 8.1

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Andrus" <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dedect unknown database in 08.01.0100 and Postgres 8.1
Date: 2005-11-09 09:43:04
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Some left-over debugging code from the port to libpq by the looks of it.
Fix committed, though interestingly in my testing I *almost* always got
the following message from libpq rather than the expected username or db
doesn't exist message:

could not receive data from server: The system cannot find the path
specified.
(0x00000003/3)

Also, am I right in thinking there is no way to get an sqlstate code
from a libpq connection, or did I miss something in the docs? I realise
of course that you can get one from a result object.

Regards, Dave