Re: MAC OSX copy_and_convert_field bug for SQL_W_CHAR

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <kiger(dot)joel(at)cimcor(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: MAC OSX copy_and_convert_field bug for SQL_W_CHAR
Date: 2005-10-21 08:06:43
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Err, right - That's definitely not the right fix, but if it help you out
for now...

I've just tried a quick compile on Panther, and Unicode definitely isn't
supported (there is no sqlucode.h for example), though I see that Tiger
does have a newer iODBC which does have that header.

It also needs to link with libiodbcinst (for
SQLGetPrivateProfileString/SQLWritePrivateProfileString). Peter, I'm
assuming that either no-one uses iODBC, or that this is a Mac specific
thing. Is there a painless way to get autoconf to add the library if
needed?

Finally, I'm getting warnings about multiple definitions of some MD5
functions (I guess it's finding them in libpq, as that's where they were
borrowed from). I guess that might not be an issue at all if the libpq
exports are cleaned up in the future, but in the meantimeI don't think
there's an actual problem anyway (I'm sure Peter or Tom will correct me
if I'm wrong about that :-p )/

I can't look at this for at least a couple of weeks unfortunately
though.

Regards, Dave.