Re: Unicode support

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Hiroshi Saito" <saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp>, "Anoop Kumar" <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unicode support
Date: 2005-08-31 11:31:47
Lists: pgsql-odbc

OK, patch attached. This works slightly differently than I envisaged,
because simply switching off Unicode isn't that straight forward,
especially if the DM is using the *W functions.

Basically what this does is only offer wide character types if the
database is unicode, and, in that case, sets the client encoding to
unicode. For anything else, it will report non-wide character types as
per the 07 driver, and let the user set their own encoding as required.
>From what I can tell of the BDE missing fields problem, this should
almost certainly fix it.

Please look at this carefully - as most of you know, MB/Unicode issues
aren't exactly my strong point!

I'll forward test DLLs to volunteer victims privately.

Regards, Dave.

Attachment Content-Type Size
widetypes.diff application/octet-stream 6.9 KB