Libpq driver: thread problem

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Anoop Kumar" <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>
Subject: Libpq driver: thread problem
Date: 2005-07-14 11:05:32
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Anoop,

I found a problem with the driver when playing with Open Link's ODBC
Bench program (free download with source - http://www.openlinksw.com/) -
the config for my test is attached if you wish to reproduce it. If I run
a multithreaded test, and select the 'Use Transactions' option, when the
test runs, only one thread actually does any work. The non-libpq driver
works as expected.

One thing to note, the Windows Port of PostgreSQL has never worked with
the --enable-thread-safety option. This has never been a problem for
pgAdmin (for example), but may be here.

Regards, Dave.

Attachment Content-Type Size
tx.xml text/xml 903 bytes