Re: ShowSystemObjects

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>, "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ShowSystemObjects
Date: 2004-06-16 13:33:53
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

My first thought was check menu as I do use it quite often, but then
with everything in schemas now, things don't get quite so cluttered. 6
of one, halfa dozen of the other.... Leave it where it is and save five
minutes of precious time :-)

> - Strictly speaking, reloading the tree isn't necessary. I
> think we should drop the tree closing code, and leave a note
> in the docs. We might present a MessageBox to the user
> reminding him of refreshing the tree if desired, IMHO we can
> omit that too.

We need to do something, otherwise we risk lot's of support emails along
the lines of 'I switched on system objects, but still didn't see them'.
If the tree can be refreshed cleanly, then let's do that, otherwise,
give the user the option to refresh now of do it himself later
(explaining what'll happen if done now of course).

Regards, Dave.