Re: RFC: pgAgent Scheduler Design

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Miha Radej" <miha(dot)radej(at)siix(dot)com>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RFC: pgAgent Scheduler Design
Date: 2005-03-11 11:26:08
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

<grin>

> what i meant with the above was a setting for this: you set a
> job to be
> executed, say, at a certain time. if it doesn't execute at that
> specified time, then sometimes it might be possible that
> someone doesn't
> want the job to be executed at all (eg. heavy duty jobs where
> it would
> take up too much resources, time, etc) and rather wait until the next
> execution time, while other people might like the job to get
> executed as
> soon as possible, even if the set time is way in the past.

OK. I guess that we'd need some tolerance to do this, so combined with
previous thinking:

jsccatchup bool -- If set, run all missed occurances
when catching up after missing runs.
jscmaxdelay interval -- If the job doesn't start within this time of
it's scheduled start, don't run at all.

I'm not sure that is entirely logical with the existing 'play first run
after missing one' design though (which isn't overly easy to change too
much).

Regards, Dave.