Re: pg_autovacuum does not start on system startup - 8.0 Release -

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)tocr(dot)com>
Cc: "Harald Massa" <ghum(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_autovacuum does not start on system startup - 8.0 Release -
Date: 2005-01-24 20:18:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Yeah, that's essentially what we're testing at the moment. If the
connection fails, it waits 30 seconds and trys again before bailing out
(though it only does it in Windows Service mode as the is the most
un-controllable startup type). It's a pretty un-invasive patch that
avoids adding command line options etc.

Regards, Dave.