Re: [pgadmin-support] corrections v1.2 rc2: rpm 4 madrake 10.1

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Hugo Ferreira" <hmf(at)inescporto(dot)pt>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] corrections v1.2 rc2: rpm 4 madrake 10.1
Date: 2004-12-02 09:35:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Hello,

> I have had to change the src.rpm spec file and the configure
> file to be able to generate a rpm for Mandrake 10.1. Changes:
>
> 1. Mandrake 10.1 makes available the wxGTK2.5-2.5.3 and
> related packages. Only the dynamic versions of the library
> are created, so the specs must not use the static configuration flag.

OK.

> 2. Mandrake 10.1 makes available the wxGTK2.5-2.5.3 and
> related packages but these install to the "/usr" directory
> and not the "/usr/local" so the spec file must also have the
> configuration flag altered.

OK.

> 3. The library names of the wxGTK package are:
> - wx_gtk2_xrc-2.5
> - wx_gtk2_html-2.5
> - wx_gtk2_adv-2.5
> - wx_gtk2_core-2.5 -lwx_base_xml-2.5
> - wx_base_net-2.5 -lwx_base-2.5
> Because of this the configure script must add a new entry in
> the case switch to search for and use substring "gtk2_" and
> not "gtk2-".

OK.

> I have altered the rc2 src.rpm package and used that to
> generate a new src.rpm that can build binary packages for MDK
> 10.1. I can make this available if anyone wants, just tell me
> were to upload it. Please note that this package has a set of
> minimum changes and does not comply to Mandrake standards
> (doesn't check for package dependencies for example).

Can someone else comment on whether that is likely to cause problems?
I'm not well versed in the ways of the RPM!

> Spec file line changed:
> ----------------------------
> %configure --with-wx-config=%{withwxconfig} --with-wx=/usr

That's no problem - we have a couple of variations of the spec files for
different Oss already so another one can be added.

That said, it would be good to get one all-knowing all-purpose spec
file. Does anyone know if that's do-able? Perhaps it could be
autogenerated as part of the build process?

> configure diff:
> ------------------
>
> 5201a5202,5205
> > *wx_gtk2_*)
> > LIBS="$LIBS -lwx_gtk2_stc-${WX_VERSION}"
> > LIBS="$LIBS $WX_NEW_LDFLAGS"
> > ;;
> 5206c5210
> <
> ---

No problem there either. Can I get some additional opinions thouogh
before I apply these changes?

Regards, Dave.